Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sadkhin Diet: Day 28

I actually wasn't all that hungry today. Probably because for the first time in my existence I knew my fate if I ate anything lol. I was going to fast all day, but why? I knew what I did last night... That bread was going nowhere. Instead I had a tiny bit of steamed cauliflower and even less avocado. I also had an apple later.  It actually did the trick. I ate way way WAY under the amount I was suppose to... Would it help me fall back down into the 195 range.


Weigh in: 197

Dot dot dot....


Yeah, I screwed the pooch on that one. Dr. Gene looked at me and I told him, I surely cheated this week. Truth is, I've cheated throughout most of this, but never a big cheat outside of extra fruit and vegs and the occasional spot of cheese. Bread, beer, and late night eating was a BIG no no; and it showed.

He started cleaning the area to apply balls to rotate for another week. Um, no! He seemed perplexed. I explained, "I'm done. I'm going into maintenance." He said I'm the controller of my body but... I should really do one more cycle...

No, I cheated so much because I don't want to do it anymore. A) It is expensive and B) I'm ready to return to a healthy lifestyle where I was running faster and longer each day, eating breakfast lunch, dinner, and healthy snacks, drinking with friends and not getting terrible cramps when doing strength training. I think this program gave me a lot to think about, and helped me shed some weight quickly and boost my weight loss efforts, but I don't want to go another month -- Dr. Gene believes I'd be a poster child and could lose "60 whole pounds" if I just stay on it longer-- without working out.

And yes, I love to eat. However, there is a balance I needed to find and I feel like this has helped shed light on some of my bad habits. Kudos to the program and to me. I'm just ready to move on to phase two. I gave myself until July to get down to 190. The third phase is to get down to at least 175 by November. If I managed that, I would be down 55lbs in a year. After that I will assess my weight and tone and figure out then if I need to lose any more. I have a plan. I'm really bad at sticking to plans. This wasn't originally my plan, but I'm still glad I did it.


On a final note,

I won't write every day or two now that I'm on maintenance. After the next two weeks I will try and keep up with my weight loss success on more of a monthly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment