Monday, July 18, 2011

A VERY Green Salad

I love salad. Salads are the most versatile dishes I think known to man. You can add so many different delicious things to them and usually, unless covered in something UNusual, the salad taste great! Today I made a very VERY green salad. I call it a very green salad because all of the main ingredients were, you guessed it, green.

So if your looking for a salad with big flavor minus meat or cheese, this one's for you:

A VERY Green Salad


Photo curtesy of Plums and Pearls blog


















  • spinach 
  • green beans
  • asparagus
  • avocado
  • baby potatoes
  • cherry tomatoes
  • red onion
  • honey
  • garlic
  • oil and vinegar 
  • salt and pepper
This is the perfect dish for those left over potatoes from the night before. Break up the spinach--though if you're using baby spinach you can skip this-- and add the tomatoes , potatoes, and sliced onion. Depending on how crunchy you like your asparagus and green beans, you can either toss them in raw, or heat them up for  2 minutes in a microwave safe dish. Add the rest of the ingredients to taste. I wish I would have taken a picture! It was totally what the doctor ordered and I feel so energized! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment